It's time again for the Karen Burniston Designer Challenge. This month's theme is "Mealtime," and two of the new dies for July were perfect. I've been having very much fun with Mealtime Elements and Dessert Elements over the past month, and my card for the challenge uses both of them.
I had seen a card made by another Design Team member (Suzanne Smit) on which she made a whole pie out of the slice of pie die in Dessert Elements, and I wondered how it would look as a pizza. Going with that idea, I made my card look like an Italian dinner. I used the colors of the Italian flag (green/white/red) as the color choices on my card. I haven't used the Circle Charm Pop-up in a while, so I pulled it out and made it the base of my card.
On the front there is a lead-in -- what is an Italian meal without a glass of wine?
Opening up the card there's a plate of spaghetti and meatballs and a pizza. I added some pepperoni to the pizza with a darker red Copic marker. Because of the size of the plates, you can't see much of the red & white checked tablecloth on those two panels. When normally making the Circle Charm Pop-up, the center circle is just a ring on which a charm would hang; but I covered the ring with a full circle panel to accommodate the plate of spaghetti.
The sentiments on both the front and inside of my card are part of the new Mealtime Phrases clear stamp set, part of the new July release.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You'll probably see more food-related cards from me in the future. I just love those two new die sets.
No comments:
Post a Comment