Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Karen Burniston Sneak Peek - Day 2

I'm using another one of Karen Burniston's new dies today -- actually I'm showing you two of them.  One is an "add-on" set.  The primary set is the Tiny House Pop-Up.  I realize Christmas has long-since passed, but I wanted to make a gingerbread house.



A fun element to this set is the roof die.  It is treated so that you can ink it up prior to cutting the roof piece.  This will show the shingles in more detail.  I used Versamark and white embossing powder so that it looks like icing.  The "gumdrops" along the edge of the roof line were made with a die of 4 small hearts, which is part of the set.

The "add-on" set contains elements to make a Mushroom House.  You get a different roof, door, and windows.  The front of the card is a Riley & Co. Mushroom Lane image, as are the little gnomes on the inside.




You can see that the door is rounded at the top and the windows are round.  And, oh, by the way, that tree is also new.  It's from a set called Tiny Trees Pop-Up.  I'll have another card using that die later this week, showing it in more detail.  I hope you'll check back.

1 comment:

Gail said...

So totally fabulous - 2 amazing cards - looking forward to the new release! I have my list ready for the first order! TFS