Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Beach Hut

 In yesterday's Blog Hop post, Karen Burniston mentioned that the new Tiny House/Mushroom House Add-on dies could be used to make a beach hut.  The idea started some gears turning in my brain, and I ran with them.  I cut both the Tiny House Pop-Up from some patterned paper and constructed it, using the windows, door and roof from the Mushroom House Add-On.  I then cut the Tiny Trees out and did a bit of pruning on the branches -- removing them totally.  Using the smaller fronds die from the Palm Tree Pop-Up, I made two palm trees.  I had never used the new Fold Splitter (from the Tiny Trees Pop-Up), so this was a new adventure.  I'm pretty pleased with the result.

The front of the card is made using the larger palm tree from the Palm Tree Pop-Up and some of the Tropical Scene dies and Word Set 6 - Summer.


Those cute little crabs were stamped on some Shrinky Dink plastic and heated so that they shrunk down to size.

This is actually the second card I made.  The first one was 5 1/4" x 5 1/4" square; but it was too small, and the elements on the inside were bumping into each other.  So I salvaged the palm trees and the hut and made a second card -- this one is a 5" x 7" card.

The inside turned out much better on this larger card.



I've been having lots of fun using Karen's new dies.




3 comments:

Liz H. said...

Your MIND is SPECTACULAR. I was hoping to use the Whole Palm tree on the Tiny Tree base, but Karen Burniston said the Tiny Tree base was smaller. NEVER thought to just cut down the tiny trees and use the Palm tree tops. GO GIRL !!!! THANK YOU for SHARING your creativity.

Gail said...

I like this layout Lois - [also I get it with trial and error] - I will keep that in mind that larger cards are better for the trees, house - etc. I have them both coming soon-- looking at lifting this card as well- I could start on the front however, since I have many elements for that layout - I might do just that today - thanks for sharing your art - fabulous!

Laurie's Sunny Studio said...

Love this card! Certainly uses a very nice selection of Karen's dies!