Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Blog Hop Winner and Palm Tree Pop-Up

 Before I show you my card for the day, I want to announce the winner from my blog for the recent Karen Burniston DT Blog Hop.  LYN CHRISTIAN is the winner of a $25 gift certificate from Karen Burniston - KB Riley LLC.  Congratulations, Lyn!  Happy shopping!

Now, on to my latest card.  I recently watched a Youtube video on how to ink blend a sunset using Distress Oxide inks.  Kristina Werner showed several different color combinations for creating a sunset, and I chose Squeezed Lemonade, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet and Blueprint Sketch -- and created what I thought was an acceptable background.  Of course, I then had to make a card!   I hunted through my stamps and found something I thought would work -- two palm trees with a hammock strung between them.  I confess I don't know who made the stamp; it was loose in my drawer of tree stamps.  I colored the trees and hammock "gently" with Copic markers, so as not to detract from that sunset sky.


For the inside, I decided I wanted to have a little fun, so I used the Karen Burniston Palm Tree Pop-Up and found a sentiment I thought complemented the feel of the card.


I am so glad I found that video.  I will definitely be trying that technique again.

No comments: