Saturday, November 24, 2018

Pop-Up Nativity Card

My favorite challenge on Splitcoaststampers has always been the Saturday Inspiration Challenge.  Today's inspiration website was Caspari, a site filled with all kinds of wonderful things for Christmas.  This Nativity 3D Advent Calendar was my inspiration today.


I used several different media to create my card.  The front is a relatively simple design, featuring some gorgeous patterned paper I found in Hobby Lobby earlier in the week.  It is called Stargazing from The Paper Studio.  I used one of the designs for my background and just stamped an image and a sentiment on top.


The "inspiration" was developed on the inside, where I combined several different die sets to create my Nativity scene.  The pop-up portion and the stable in the background are part of the Karen Burniston House and Fence Pop-Up die set.  The figures are from two different CottageCutz dies, Nativity - Mary, Angel and Baby and Nativity - Joseph, Shepherd and Animals.


Before I cut the "stable," I glued a piece of woodgrain patterned paper onto the brown cardstock I used.  I also added a section to either side of the stable to extend the sides over to the edge of the floating floor, as you can see here.



I didn't want the fence to look like a wrought-iron fence; so, after I cut it from brown cardstock, I trimmed the fence posts, taking off the pointed tops.


Here again is my version of my inspiration piece.


2 comments:

Flo said...

I just love seeing your posts—your cards are so full of thought, love and artistry. TY for sharing your talent.

LisaJ said...

I love, love, love this card!!!! And you posted it just in time for Black Friday sales so I got to save $$$ getting those Cottage Cutz dies! Woo Hoo! Although, when the dies arrived and I was looking at them....noticing all the tiny pieces....I'm gonna have to start those as soon as possible for next year's cards....LOL. Thanks for sharing!