Monday, November 19, 2018

Candle Easel Card

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is this week -- and with that comes Christmas right around the corner.  I'm still making Christmas cards, and that's what I have for you today -- using one of the dies from the CottageCutz Christmas release as well as a couple of older dies.

As you may know, I love making fun fold cards -- today's is an easel card.


To start my card, I cut all the die pieces from white cardstock.


I lightly sponged the glass candle holder pieces with Ranger Distress Tumbled Glass ink.  The rest of the pieces were colored using Copic markers.  When they were all colored, I assembled my candle holder.


I then cut the cardstock and patterned paper for my card.

Red - 4 1/4" x 8 1/2", 4 1/4" square
Patterned paper - 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"
White - die cut the largest Pierced Wide Square Frame


The large red piece of cardstock was scored at 2 1/8" and 4 1/4".


After folding on the score lines, I placed some Scor-Tape on the first 2 1/8" x 4 1/4" panel.  This is where the square panel will be attached.


I then adhered the patterned paper to the square red panel and attached it to the folded base.



I placed foam tape on the back of the frame and the candle holder . . .


. . . and attached them to the card front.


At this point I decided I wanted to add another element to the card, so I cut some additional pieces from the die, colored and constructed a small sprig of foliage, and attached it to the upper left-hand corner of the frame.


With an easel card, you need something to act as a "bumper" to hold the easel erect.  I often use a sentiment to do that.  I cut "celebrate" five times from red cardstock.


After gluing the die-cut pieces together, I placed the sentiment on the under panel on which I had placed a 4" square of patterned paper.


The word "celebrate" is high enough to hold the card open for display.



CottageCutz used on my card are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcountrycandles.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzpiercedwidesquareframesetbasics.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzexpressionspluscelebratephrase.aspx

No comments: