Thursday, June 9, 2022

CCEE2222 World Oceans Day

Lynn's challenge for the CCEE Stampers this week is based on the fact that yesterday was World Oceans Day.  She asked us to celebrate the oceans of the world with a nautical-themed project of our choice.  Winds, waves, boats, birds:  anything related to oceans will do. 

I recently watched a youtube video that Julie Creek (of Creek Bank Creations) did in which she made a stand-up mermaid card.  Although I didn't have many of the items she used on her card, I was able to recreate a similar one using supplies I had in my craft room.  The only Creek Bank Creations item I had was the ocean edges die.  My mermaids are from Paper Nest Dolls; the fish are from LDRS, the sentiment is from Mama Elephant, and the seaweed & coral are dies from CottageCutz.  Everything did come together quite well.


As you can see from the next photo, it is a 3-dimentional stand-up card.


Be sure to check out the CCEE Stampers blog for more ocean fun.

3 comments:

Liz Williams said...

Such a cute card, Lois. You have a great collection of things for this theme.

Lynn McAuley said...

Loving this amazing card, Lois!! How perfect for this week's oceans theme. Fabulous work!!

StampOwl said...

Super cute, love those mermaids