Thursday, March 17, 2011

Stampin'B Challenge - Pink Thank You

As hostess for this week's Stampin'B challenge, Emily wanted us to make a thank you card using spring colors -- one of which had to be pink. I colored my Mark's Finest Papers' gerber daisies using Copic markers in several shades of pink. One of my favorite techniques is Reverse Masking. I like the way it can highlight your image.





I cut out the daisies using a Labels Eleven nestie and mounted it on some Basic Grey Two Scoops DP. The strip down the side was made with a Martha Stewart border punch. It's not quite a CAS card, but it is flat and shouldn't take any extra postage.

Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers - Greet the Day with Gerber
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Mustard Seed
Paper: Mark's Finest Papers Snow Storm Smooth, Basic Grey Two Scoops DP
Accessories: Labels Eleven Nestabilities, Martha Stewart border punch, Copic markers (R11, R12, R14, BG93, BG96)

3 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

So beautiful, Lois!! Your reverse masking is a stunning accent. Kudos to you for acing my challenge this week!!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the big ole sun behind your pretty colored daisies!

Joanne (jojot) said...

Oh.....hints of spring are welcome and this beauty brightened my day on a warm, yes WARM, day in New England...we were in the 50's today but in the sun felt like 60 or 70....