Saturday, March 26, 2011

Inspiration Challenge - Ruche

It's been a week since I've posted to my Blog -- life does get in the way of fun, you know. Anyway, as I've said before, the Saturday Inspiration Challenge on SCS is my favorite one of the week. You can go in any direction you'd like with your creations.

My first card, a Clean and Simple design, was inspired by this "floating with butterflies ring." I used some brand-new DP for my background -- Prima Fairy Floral -- and matted it with MFP Aqua Light. Using a square nestie, I created the embossed frame around the aqua/DP square.



The butterfly was punched with a Martha Stewart punch and attached at the center with some Scor-tape, allowing the wings to float. The sentiment, from Mark's Finest Papers' Daffodil and Anise set, is stamped with Versafine Deep Lagoon and clear embossed.

Because of all the wonderful inspiration on the Ruche site, I had to make a second card -- using this buttons print as the starting point. All the DPs on my card are from Cosmo Cricket's Material Girl paper pad, matted in MFP Dark Chocolate Bar cardstock.

The SCS sketch challenge this week was quite interesting. I was able to use three different patterns from the Material Girl pad -- making the buttons the most prominent. Speedy's Friends' challenge this week was to use both heat and dry embossing and also to have at least one element popped up. I stamped the mannequin in Versafine Sepia and clear embossed it. Then I stamped it again using Versafine Toffee, clear embossed it, and colored the skirt using Memento markers. After cutting out the skirt, I attached the waist using Scor-tape and popped up the bottom. The sentiment is also popped up. All images are from Mark's Finest Papers' Sew What? set.
------
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: