Thursday, March 31, 2011

Stampin'B Challenge - Make Your Own DP

First, let me apologize for the "funky" way this post has formatted itself. I've been having all kinds of problems with Blogger this week! Our Stampin'B hostess this week, Vicky Gould, asked us to make our own background paper -- no DP, just stamps. While not technically "background" paper, I did make the patterned paper at the top of my card, using the smallest rose and leaf from Mark's Finest Papers set, Roses for You. After stamping the roses with Memento Tuxedo Black, I masked them one at a time and stamped the leaf image around the roses; then I colored them with Copic markers. One of my favorite places to find layouts is Page Maps ,where I found this layout. After cutting out my patterned paper with the largest Labels Nine die, I matted it with some MFP August Greens, cut with scissors to match the shape. I have found that, if you trace the die on cardstock and cut it out with scissors, you can get a very nice mat (not too wide). Then I punched the opening for the ribbon and ran it around all the layers, tying a nice bow. I stamped the sentiment with Memento Bamboo Leaves and added the pearl flourishes. Thanks, Vicky, for the challenge. It was time-consuming but quite satisfying. -------- Stamps - Mark's Finest Papers Roses for You Paper - MFP Speedy the Cat's Cream, Strawberry Freeze, August Greens, China Blue Eyes Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Bamboo Leaves Accessories - Copic markers, Ribbon, Labels Nine, Pearl Flourishes --------- Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

3 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

this really is such a classy card...and your masking of those roses was phenomenal....with such beautiful results

Vicki Dutcher said...

So pretty! Love that bling~

Celine Jo @ eyeARTyou said...

I love the colours and layout. Sweet one.