Saturday, March 5, 2011

Inspiration Challenge - Cath Kidston

It's no secret that the Inspiration Challenge is my favorite of the week. This week's site was a British store Cath Kidston. I founds lots and lots of inspiration there -- thus, my three cards for the challenge.

My first card was inspired by this fabric, with its blue background and reddish pink roses. I found some DP in a new paper pad by K & Company called Julianne. The only problem was the roses on the DP were cream-colored. So I grabbed a couple of Copic markers and changed the colors.



The cameo is from a soon-to-be-released set from Mark's Finest Papers, called Grandma's Boudoir. I stamped the image twice, once in silver on the pale blue cardstock, and a second time on cream. After cutting out the blue "stone," I embossed it twice with clear embossing powder and then glued it down on the silver. I outlined the blue panel with some silver stick-on lines and mounted it on my card with pop dots.

My second card was inspired by this kilt pin, with its sewing theme. It's pretty self-explanatory. Images are from MFP's Sew What? set and DP is another one from October Afternoon's The Thrift Shop pad.



The thread spool charm was originally brass, but I pressed it into the silver pigment ink and embossed it with detail silver embossing powder. Then I wrapped some blue embroidery floss around it to match the charm on the pin.

I hadn't planned to make three cards today; but, as I was looking through my October Afternoon Thrift Shop DP pad, I found the some paper that immediately reminded me of this fabric swatch -- and another card was inevitable.



This is one of my favorite Mark's Finest Papers' sets, Roses for You. I colored it with Copic markers and cut it out with oval Nestabilities. I added a little drop of Crystal Effects for the dew drop. All of the layouts for my cards today came from Page Maps. Thanks for stopping by and looking at my Inspiration Challenge cards.

1 comment:

sheetal ahlawat said...

Lovely designs Lori. The tissue box is also cute.