Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge - Set Sail

Several of the new dies from Karen Burniston are appropriate for this month's Designer Challenge, "Set Sail." The set I've had the most fun with is the Pirate Ship Add-ons.  Of course, you have to use the Boat Pop-up set as well.  The front of my card is a piece of patterned paper from a paper pad from Echo Park.  On it I stamped one of the sentiments from the new Pirate Sentiments stamp set in Versamark and embossed with white embossing powder.




Like many others, I often play Solitaire on my computer.  I play the free version -- the one that has ads.  One of the ads I see often has a really cute little pirate ship, with blue striped sails and yellow cannon portals.  I did my best to recreate it on the inside of my card.  I also used one of the borders from the new Pirate Borders on each end.


The waves on the inside were created by blending four different Distress inks (Salvaged Patina, Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch, and Villainous Purple) over a Honey Bee Stamps stencil. 


Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  

No comments: