Monday, December 4, 2023

Karen Burniston New Release - Day 1

It's finally time to show off some of the new dies from Karen Burniston!  She has 7 new dies being released next Monday, and the Design Team will be showing them off all this week.  One of the new sets is Topper Tags -- a set of 4 tags, 4 grommets, and 2 borders.  


I decided that I'd like to make something with this set that was a bit different than just a tag, so I thought of a gift card holder.  


We all give gift cards at Christmas, so a different type of holder sounded interesting.  I took a piece of Christmas-y patterned cardstock, folded it in half, and cut it with the largest tag die -- making sure to off-set it a little bit so as not to cut the fold.  I added the bow and the sentiment.


On the inside, I used the second to the smallest die and cut off the top with the wavy border die.  After cutting out the Santa Claus for the inside, I taped this piece down on the inside, creating the holder for the gift card.


Santa gets hidden by the gift card, so he's a bit of a surprise when the card is removed.

I hope you liked my little experiment and will stop back tomorrow for my Designer Challenge card (and another sneak peek!).





No comments: