Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge - "Inspired by . . . "

It's time again for the Karen Burniston Designer Challenge.  This month's theme is a very cool one -- "Inspired by . . . . "  Karen put our names in a hat and drew them out in random order to determine who is each person's muse. We were to choose any project, color combo, technique, etc. by our muse as inspiration and then link to that person's project in your blog post with our inspired creation. The person chosen as my muse is Sandy Diller. I was a bit intimidated when I found that out because Sandy is so very creative, but I dove right in. As I was checking out all of Sandy's projects on her blog, I found a cute Halloween project that I liked. If you click on the picture of her card, it will take you to her blog post.

The Woven Basket is one of my favorites, but I love making it into a double-wide basket. Karen Burniston made a video explaining how to do that. You can find that video here. In addition to the Woven Basket die, I used both Halloween-related die sets -- Halloween Elements and Halloween Charms for my little graveyard.

In the very back is the graveyard scene from Halloween Elements. As Sandy did, I attached that little spider to the tree, which is a separate die. I used both ghosts, one from the Elements set and two from the Charms set. There's a raven sitting on one of the gravestones -- and lots and lots of jack-o-lanterns.

The two gray bats are mounted on a piece of acetate so they appear to be flying overhead.


I hope Sandy likes my attempt to channel her creativity.


2 comments:

Gail said...

Very fun and creative - inspirational project as well - I too was inspired and created a Halloween Box Card using the fishing wire - I like your double basket very much here and the elements - fabulous work!

Cindy Manott said...

Such a fun and festive card. I love the use of the basket and this has given me so.e wonderful ideas. Thank you.