Monday, December 16, 2019

Last Christmas Card of the Season

I'm sharing with you today my last Christmas card for the season -- one which uses the Karen Burniston Rockin' Rectangle and an enlarged window on the front.  I had seen a card made by Francesca Florio on the Karen Burniston Pop-Up Peeps page on Facebook the other day, which I really liked.  She had a very large window on the front of her card, actually taking up almost the entire front.  I wanted to try my hand at a similar one.

I still had to make a card with the Three Wise Men for my neighbor (I always try to make her one with the Magi on it.)  So I thought a card with what looked like a church window would be the right choice.  I used some Spellbinders Arched Window dies.  I stamped an image from a Stampin' Up set from many years ago -- Holy Triptych -- and colored it with Copic markers.


To accommodate the largest Arched Window die, my card is 5" x 7".  After cutting out the opening, I used some gold stickers to dress up the front.   I placed a piece of acetate in the opening before adhering the patterned paper on the inside.


I added a few more stickers to the inside and popped up the sentiment, which is from My Favorite Things' Bitty Holiday Wishes stamp set.

Here's a little video showing how the mechanism works.


Thanks for stopping by my blog today, and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

No comments: