Monday, May 27, 2019

Sesame Street and Karen Burniston

My daughter recently asked me to make a couple of birthday cards for her friend, who is celebrating his 50th birthday.  He recently became a big fan of Sesame Place at Sea World, Orlando.  I used two different Karen Burniston pop-up dies to create these fun cards.

The first one (Cookie Monster) is made with the Cake Pop-Up die, but using only the bottom layer.  Karen Burniston has a video showing how to make one of these.  I googled "Cookie Monster Free Clip Art" and found several images.  I used his face on the front, adding some googlie eyes for some whimsey.  The sentiment was made with Word Set 2 - Birthday.


Following Karen's directions for the one-layer stage, I made the inside -- scattering some cookies around.  I also used the Border Blends - Party, Numbers, and Word Set 8 - Congrats sets.


Here's a close-up of the main stage.


The second card featured Oscar the Grouch.


Again, I googled some free clip art for Oscar's image, and added the "50" to the front.

For the inside I used the Coffee Cup Pop-Up, cutting off the lid to make the garbage can.


Another piece of free clip art gave me this image of Oscar along with the garbage scattered on the ground.  I added another border, using Border Blends - Argyle, at the top, and just the word Celebrate.

Here's a close-up of Oscar in his garbage can.  The corrugated piece emulates the look of a real garbage can, don't you think?


The birthday party was this past weekend.  I hope the "birthday boy" enjoyed these cards!

No comments: