Friday, May 3, 2019

Awesome Kindred Stamps/Therm-O-Web Collaboration

Today's project was fun!  The Kindred Stamps Design Team has joined up with the Therm-O-Web Design Team to bring you lots of creativity this week.  For my project I used Gina K Designs Red Velvet Glitz Glitter Gel and Kindred Stamps Building Blocks to create two cards.

I used a very handy tool to spread the glitter gel on a 5" x 5" piece of white cardstock -- the Deco Foil Stencil Pal.  It makes spreading the gel quite easy.   The Kindred Stamps stencil I used was Skinny Plaid.  Not wanting to waste any of the marvelous stenciled glitter gel by covering it up,  I cut out a 3 1/4" square from the center.  I had prepared the stamped image panel by gluing it down onto a red square and a white square and mounted it into the center of the card using foam tape.


The cut-out center square was used as an accent piece in the center of the second card.    Using foam pop dots, I then added the two people to the stack of blocks.


This was the first time I had used the glitter gel, and I'm sure I need lots of practice with it.  But I was happy with the results on my two cards.

No comments: