Monday, April 15, 2019

Bloom Where You Are Planted

Continuing with my Kindred Stamps theme of interactive cards again this week, I made a card using the Karen Burniston Katherine Label Pop-Up die.  The children in this set, Bloom, are so sweet -- and I used the two little gardeners this week.

After creating the base with some sky patterned paper and "grass" on the lower portion, I cut a window in the front of the card.  The frame was created using a couple of the dies in that set.  I stamped and colored the two children with Copic markers and cut them out -- ignoring the leaves because I thought it would be too difficult cutting around them.  I then partially stamped the images onto the card, gluing down the fussy-cut figures on top.  I then colored the leaves with a darker green.



When you open the card, the sentiment that you had seen through the window now pops up.  I added the flowers (stamped twice) at the bottom.



As you may have guessed, I love making cards with moving parts!  I hope you liked this one.

No comments: