Friday, January 4, 2019

We Don't Need Roads

Nerd that I am, I'm so happy to be part of the Kindred Stamps Design Team for the next four months.  I love all their geeky stamp sets.  For my first blog post as part of the team, I am showing off a stamp set that you may have a very short time to purchase -- Back in Time.  It is in the "Last Chance" category in the store.



To start my card I cut a piece of light blue cardstock 4" x 5 1/4".  Using the KS Forest Stencil (top row of trees) and some Ranger Distress Peeled Paint ink, I sponged the back layer of trees.


Then I changed to Ranger Distress Mowed Lawn ink and sponged in the smaller row of trees.  I filled in some of the small spaces with a darker green and a very small sponge dauber.


At this point I cut a strip of grass patterned paper, using a hill die for the top, and adhered it at the bottom of the card.  I have some MFT Die-Namics Road dies and cut one to span the card almost at the bottom.


I then stamped the "flying car" with Memento Black Tuxedo Ink, colored it with Copic markers and carefully cut it out.  I have found that, if you go around the edge of the cut-out piece with a black brush marker, it fills in any random white space you may have missed in the cutting process.


I mounted the scene onto a piece of white cardstock which was cut 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4" and folded in half.


Using my MISTI for positioning, I stamped the sentiment with Versamark ink onto the road die-cut, sprinkled it with detail white embossing powder, and heat embossed it.


All that was left was to add some foam pop dots to the back of the car and strategically place it flying over the tree line.


No comments: