Monday, April 16, 2018

Potted Cactus

My card today uses part of one of the dies from the CottageCutz Llama and Botanicals release, which are currently 25% off.  You might want to check them out.  The die I used, Potted Cactus, actually has two plants included in the set, but I'm using only one of them.

I keep some small notebooks with layouts from Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenges.  When I'm stuck for a layout, I pull out one of the notebooks and try to find something that will inspire me.  This is the case today.  I found this layout, which dates back to a 2007 challenge.


This is my card, based on that sketch.


To start my card I cut out the pieces with the die.   I'm not going to use all the pieces that were cut, so I just chose the pieces for the right-hand cactus on the packaging.  I'll save the other pieces for another card.


Using Copic markers, I colored the die-cut pieces and assembled my cactus, succulent and pot.


The paper I used for the card is as follows:

Yellow cardstock - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
Rust cardstock - 4" x 5 1/4" and 2 3/8" x 3 1/8"
Cream cardstock - 2 1/4" x 3"
Rust checkered patterned paper - 3 3/8" x 3 7/8"
Yellow plaid patterned paper - 1 5/8" x 3 7/8"



I glued the two pieces of patterned paper onto the rust cardstock, using the sketch for positioning.  I sponged a bit of Ranger Rusty Hinge ink onto the small cream piece of cardstock, adhered it to the small rust piece of cardstock and glued on the cactus.


I then placed some foam pop-dots behind the panel and placed it on the card.  I then added three enamel dot stickers, and I was finished.

Here again is my card:


The CottageCutz die used on this card:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzpottedcactus.aspx

1 comment:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Very cute, Lois! Beautifully colored and coordinated!