Saturday, April 14, 2018

Dogwood Tag Book Card

I'm a big fan of Karen Burniston's pop-up dies.  I saw a very pretty and very clever card on her blog the other day, and I knew I was going to have to try it.  It featured her Tag Book Pop-Up die.  I've made a few cards using this die before, but this one used acetate for the inside pieces.  It gave the illusion of the cherry blossoms she used as floating.  I didn't have the cherry blossoms, but I did have an Impression Obsession branch and Heartfelt Creations dogwoods -- so that's what I used on my card.  The front was pretty easy . . .


. . . the inside took a bit of concentration.


As you can see, I glued the die-cut pieces directly onto the acetate "frame" and they appear to be floating.  Here's a photo which shows the "floating" elements a little better.


This was a very fun card to make.

No comments: