Thursday, October 21, 2010

StampinB Challenge

Vicky Gould was the hostess for today's Stampin'B's challenge. We can always count on Vicky to come up with a good one, and today was no exception. She wanted us to make a Halloween card -- but not to use orange or black. Two other colors used often for Halloween are purple and green, so that is what I used.




I like color-blocking, so I cut four squares, two each of green and purple DP from a pack of Halloween paper from Michaels. The card base is Mark's Finest Papers' Momma's Favorite Purple, with a layer of white between. The white layer is cut with a deckle blade. After mounting all the various layers, the top scenic layer was popped up on pop dots. The scene was made by stamping the images in Versafine Imperial Purple and clear embossed. I know it probably looks like black ink; but, believe me, it is definitely purple! The moon was colored with two Ranger inks (Mustard Seed and Wild Honey), sponged through a circle I punched in a Post-It note with a 1-inch circle punch. Then I covered the moon with the punched-out piece and colored the sky with Pebbles Chalk.


I have no more Halloween salt and pepper shakers, but I thought this black cat would work.

2 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, this is fabulous, Lois!! Love your black-less and orange-less approach. The deckle edges are perfect for a spooky effect, and that's a cool layout. Super job on this tricky challenge :)

Benzi said...

What a great job you did with the Halloween challenge. I came here thinking you would have some vampire or ghost s&p shakers. LOL But, that black cat one is perfect.