Thursday, October 7, 2010

Stampin'B Challenge -- Fall

Fall has arrived -- even in Florida! So the Stampin' B's were asked by our hostess, Faith, to make a fall card.






I don't often make one layer cards, but I try to do one every once in a while. Today was the day. After embossing down the side with a Cuttlebug border folder, I sponged the oval using a template I had made with an oval Nestabilities die. Then I stamped the tree from a brand-new Mark's Finest Papers' set called A Walk in the Woods, which will be released next week. I added some Autumn Flower Soft on both the tree and on the ground. The large leaf is a button, from which I snipped the shank on the back so that it would lie flat.
---------
Stamps - Mark's Finest Papers - A Walk in the Woods
Paper - MFP Corn Husk
Ink - Palette Burnt Umber; Tim Holtz Distressed Bundled Sage, Tumbled Glass, Chipped Sapphire
Accessories - Oval Nestabilities die, Cuttlebug border embossing folder, Flower Soft, Button, Sponge daubers

3 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a beautifully CAS autumnal card....I so admire a fab CAS card.....they are the hardest ones for me...so thanks for the inspiration

Emily Keaton said...

You do such wonderful work with Flower Soft, Lois!! Your one-layer card is just amazing. Excellent card for fall :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lois I love this shadowed look! You do an excellent job with scene cards!