Monday, December 21, 2009

Year In Flowers Calendar

I just purchased Flourishes' Calendar sets -- there are three of them, four months/flowers in each set -- and have completed a Christmas gift for my friend. I bought a little $1 calendar at Michaels for the "calendar" portion and used the Flower of the Month on the top portion. I actually made two calendars -- the other one is for my sister. That one is more horizontal.

I coordinated the cardstock color with the design on the calendar, not necessarily the flower of the month. January's crocus, however, was a good match all the way around. The flowers are all colored using Copic markers and cut out with Spellbinders Labels Three.

I have to admit that I needed to Google "primrose" for February. I've never seen a primrose before. When I heard the name "primrose," I thought it was going to look like a rose. NOT! After I did all my coloring and gluing, I punched the holes at the top with my Crop-a-dial and used binder rings to hold the calendar together. Because the cardstock is sturdy, the calendar will stand up by itself. I didn't need any kind of holder or frame. This was a fun project!
----

1 comment:

Joanne (jojot) said...

beautiful.....wonderful gift