Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge -- Borders, Borders, Borders

It's that time again -- time for the Karen Burniston Designer Challenge.  This month our challenge was to use one or more of the border dies on our card.

Even though summer has not officially arrived, we've been having summer-like weather for quite a while.  I decided to use a summery Florida theme for my card.  I love the shape of the Label Charm Pop-up and the room you have for a sentiment on the first panel.  Some time ago, Karen Burniston gave each of the Design Team members a couple of Echo Park 12 x 12 paper pads to incorporate into our designs.  The background paper I used was in one of them (Dive into Summer).  The colors just scream summer and Florida.  As you can see, I used the flamingos from the Beach Borders across the bottom of my card.



The flip-flops hanging in the center panel and the palm tree in the third panel are both from the Beach Charms.



I have a feeling my daughter will scoff this card up the first time she's at my house.  Anything I make with flip-flops usually winds up at her house!

2 comments:

Kathy De Hay said...

This card screams vacation. Love the colors. I'm a lake person, I hate sand in my suit.

Jacquie said...

This card is adorable, I love the flamingo border, it is the cutest!! I don’t think I will find any Flamingos on the lake so, I going to be team beach!!! I’d be more likely to find them there.