Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge - Spinner

The theme for this month's Karen Burniston Designer Challenge is "Spinner."  We were to create a card where something spins.  This could be the Spinner Square, modified Mailbox, Pop 'n Swap, or something wound on a string.  I chose the Spinner Square, which is a really fun die.

I did bring my love of coloring and anything Harry Potter into my card for today's challenge.  The front of the card has a Paper Nest Dolls stamped image.  Those images are so much fun to color.  He is mounted on a layered Crosshatch Oval.


Inside you'll find Harry trying to catch the snitch.  I mounted the snitch onto a piece of acetate so that it looks like it's flying.   I used the new Mini Alphabet and Numbers die for the banner (made with one of the dies from the Twist Panel Pop-Up) representing the four houses of Hogwarts.  The stone wall along the bottom of the card was made with pieces from the Castle Pop-Up.


Here's a short video showing the card in action


I hope you enjoyed my card -- even if you're not a Harry Potter fan.

7 comments:

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

So clever to have the Golden Snitch on the spinner.

Sue S said...

This card is magical!
Sue S.
esbjstutz@aol.com

Denise Byrnes said...

Total H P fan, here! Love this card. Thanks for the great idea!

Gail said...

So wonderful Lois -- I adore your work with KB dies! TFS

Mona said...

very cute card

Karen Inchak said...

Love Harry Potter and all that goes with him! You did a great job showing him off.

Denise Bryant said...

What a fun card!