Thursday, December 16, 2021

CCEE2150 - Christmas Around the World

For the CCEE Stampers' final challenge of 2021, Lynn would like for our stampers to select a country or culture other than their own and feature a unique element in that country or culture's Christmas celebrations to feature on their card.

My ancestors came mainly from Ireland and England, so I looked in another direction and chose Germany for my card.  I found this on the website for House Beautiful -- "Decorative nutcracker figurines, commonly made to resemble a toy soldier, is a common German Christmas tradition. According to German folklore, nutcrackers were given as good luck keepsakes to the family to protect their home. It's thought they would watch over the family, keeping evil spirits and danger at bay."  Nutcrackers have found their way into many American homes as well, but apparently they started in Germany.   Fortunately, I had an old stamp set with several nutcrackers the right size and came up with this card.


Check out the CCEE Stampers blog for more Christmas around the world.  As this is our last challenge for the year, I want to wish you a very merry Christmas; and I'll see you next year!


2 comments:

StampOwl said...

It looks like we were both thinking the same way this week. Merry Christmas

MiamiKel said...

I love this, Lois - nutcrackers are very popular in Germany! Merry Christmas!