Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge - New Dies

This month's Karen Burniston Designer Challenge is all about the new dies.  Karen just released 12 new dies, and the challenge is a way to show them off.

I chose to put the spotlight on the Flower Pivot Panels.  However, before I get to that part of my card, I wanted to talk about the front of the card.  I've fallen in love with ink blending with distress oxide inks.  That's what I did on my card -- blended Ranger Squeezed Lemon, Wild Honey, and Kitch Flamingo Distress Oxide inks on the entire front of the card.  I then cut the Pattern Plate - Flowers from white cardstock and glued that on top, allowing the color to show through.


The Happy Mother's Day sentiment is a brand-new die from the newest release.  The shadow is also part of the die set.  The flowers and bee are part of the Flower Pot Pop-Up set.

The inside has the other new die -- the Flower Pivot Panels.    The pivot panels dies have proven to be very popular, this one being the sixth in the series.


I brought the pink, orange and yellow colors from the front onto the inside of my card, adding those two rectangular pieces from the new Slim Flaps and Frames.   I added one of the Border Blends to the front and inside as well.  I love the way you can mix and match pieces from many different die sets on one card.  The "love you" sentiment is from another KB set -- the Pop 'n Swap.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  I hope you come back again.

1 comment:

yup said...

I really like the colors you used. You did a great job with this new die. I've been trying to determine if I can afford this one right now, and I think you just made up my mind. LOL