Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge - "Hearts"

 Here it is -- the first Tuesday of February -- and time again for the Karen Burniston Designer Challenge.  As Valentine's Day is right around the corner, Karen challenged the team to make cards with the theme of "hearts."

One of my (many) favorites of Karen's dies is the Rockin' Rectangle.  I often make cards with acetate fronts using this die, but today's card wasn't one of them.  I found that cute glittery heart in Hobby Lobby a couple of weeks ago and thought it would look nice on the front of my card.  During that same trip to Hobby Lobby I bought a couple of sheets of Valentine's Day paper.  (I fell in love with the black one.)  So in keeping with the black & red theme, I decided to make a shadow to put behind the big Happy Valentine's Day phrase.  It was pretty simple to do.  I just laid the die onto some black paper, traced around it with a pencil, and fussy cut it out.  That really makes the sentiment stand out on the glittery red heart.  I cut two of the arrows from the Love Charms set and placed them "through" the heart.


To make the heart border across the top, I taped two of the Border Blends together to create the border.   That expands the choices you get with these two sets.


After sizing a Paper Nest Dolls digital image to fit the pop-out panel, I colored her with Copic markers.  There's that awesome black & red paper in the background.


I added some more of the heart border across the top and a couple of short panels of the striped paper at the bottom.  To leave a place to sign the card, I added an oval and one of the "conversation hearts" from the Love Charms.

4 comments:

Chilton programs said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
fusiafscrapping said...

Beautiful and elegant card!
Lots of love from Isia xx

Gail said...

Love the rockin rectangle - I love that huge heart in the front of your card too always nice work Lois - TFS

Karen Inchak said...

SO colorful!! I love the little girl and your coloring was great! Love this card!!