Saturday, November 21, 2020

Christmas Gift Card Holders

 I am pretty sure that I won't be seeing my family in person at Christmas this year.  So I decided that everyone will be getting gift cards this year, but I wanted to make them a little special.  I love using the Karen Burniston pop-up dies to make unique gift card holders.  I've got several to show you today.

The first card is for my son, who is big into cosplay.  He is currently in the process of making himself a Mandalorian costume.  I've got a cute stamp set from The Sassy Club, which was perfect for him.  Using the Karen Burniston Parcel Pop-Up and Flap & Closure set, I made this gift card holder for him.



The next one I made was for my grandson, who is BIG into Batman.  I used the Rockin' Rectangle die, a Mama Elephant cityscape die, My Favorite Things street die, and a stamped image from Kindred Stamps' Justice is Served stamp set.  I like the Rockin' Rectangle with an acetate front, so you can get a hint to the inside.



Instead of the "batsignal" in the sky, I've got Santa and his reindeer up there.


My third gift card holder, for my grandson's wife, is made with the Fancy Label Accordion die and the new Fancy Winter Frames, along with the Gift Card Holder die.  I had to improvise to make the Gift Card Holder diecut fit the inside of the Accordion.  It's not perfect, but it works.


I added the sentiment from Word Set 3 - Holiday and a poinsettia from Honey Bee Stamps to finish off the other two panels.

I will eventually be making 10 gift card holders; but, if I make one or two at a time, it shouldn't take me long to get all 10 completed.

No comments: