Saturday, April 18, 2020

Gnomes and Paper Tole

I just received my first Riley & Company Mushroom Lane stamp and its accompanying die set.  I bought this so I could do some paper tole, which is always a lot of fun.  I decided that the front of the card shouldn't be too "busy," or it would take away from the inside.  So on the front I used the new Karen Burniston Tile Pattern Plate and a small little scene with a couple of the Mini Gnomes, also from Riley & Company.


I wanted the mushroom cottage to pop up, so I cut the pop-up mechanism from the Karen Burniston Tree Pop-Up twice in the grass section of the inside.  The navy blue and patterned papers on the inside are very light-weight because I didn't want much bulk.  After cutting the clouds across the top, I sponged on some white pigment ink and sprinkled detail white embossing powder over the ink.   I brushed some of the powder off to give it a lighter, sparing look.  Then I heat embossed it.


The die set has four different dies, allowing you to make several layers in your paper tole project.  As I didn't want the inside of my card to be too bulky, I have only two layers on the house.  I stamped the image twice, fussy cutting the entire image and then die-cutting the top mushroom.  I used small foam dots to attach the smaller piece to the larger mushroom.


I did add two foam dots to the gnome so that he would stand out from the mushroom.  You can see that the door and windows also are layered.


I didn't have any sentiments that would work for the inside of my card, so I created one on my computer.  I love dafont.com for unusual fonts.  I downloaded one called Alien Mushroom, which I thought would work well for the sentiment.  I printed it on white paper and mounted it in a similar manner as the little scene on the front -- with the Karen Burniston Crosshatch dies, matted in navy.


I hope to do a full-blown paper tole card with this cute Mushroom Lane house sometime in the future; but in the meantime, I got my fix on this cute little card.

1 comment:

Debbie Munkirs said...

I just ordered the card kit with this mushroom house. Can’t wait to get it