Thursday, March 14, 2019

CCEE1911 National Shoe the World Day

Kelly continues this week as hostess for the CCEE Stampers.  She tells us that tomorrow is National Shoe the World Day.  Many teens and children around the world do not have a pair of shoes to wear;  despite the climate or terrain, they walk barefoot.  She asked us to create a card using any type of shoe -- cowboy boots, heels, flip-flops -- to help the awareness to donate any shoes you may no longer need.

My doctor of 45+ years retired earlier this month.  I now have the daunting task of finding another doctor.  I'm not one to hold a grudge, so I made this card for him!  I used the Karen Burniston Rockin' Rectangle die for the card base, as well as a couple of accessory dies.



Check out the CCEE Stampers blog to see what kind of shoe cards were created by the rest of the team.

6 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Splendid card, Lois! I ALMOST went with flip flop, being a Florida girl for 36 years! But certainly love yours with the fabulous ocean theme!

StampOwl said...

what a fun card for this challenge. Hope you have success finding a new doctor that you like

Lynn McAuley said...

Such a fabulous card for your doctor, Lois!! I know he will get a kick out of it as he starts his retirement!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

This retirement card is wonderful!! Fab front, and the flip-flops sure speak to relaxation!! I don't envy you finding another Dr. It's so hard!!

Vicky Gould said...

Wonderful retirement card using the flip flops and beach scene! He will cherish it, I am sure!

Liz Williams said...

We southern gals love our flip flops. Such a fabulous card with that pop out surprise.