Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge - "Ink It!"

This month's Designer Challenge is all about getting inky.  We were to incorporate inks (or paints or sprays or pastes) into a card of any theme.  I love using inking techniques on my cards, so I tried several different ways of using them.  I finally decided on the Northern Lights Technique, which brings lots of color into a night sky.  I took me a couple of times to get a sky that I liked.  This was my winner.  I used dies from the Karen Burniston Tree Pop-Up, the Houses Pull Panels, and the House and Fence to create my card.



The front of the card is relatively simple, just the tree and a sentiment.



Another top contender for my choice for this month's challenge was an accordion card made using the Galaxy Background technique.  But I use that technique A LOT and wanted to try something different.  I thought I'd show it to you today anyway.  This was made using the Fancy Label Accordion, along with the Fancy Flourish Frames dies.


This is the front of the card when it's closed.



No comments: