Monday, August 20, 2018

Rainbow Nativity

I've got another Christmas card made with one of the new CottageCutz Christmas dies.  This one is relatively simple, but I think it says a lot.



I used a precut 8" x 11" card base, and cut two smaller panels 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" -- one white and one black.



Using the Journey to Bethlehem die,  I cut two images -- one from the white panel and one from the black panel.   I was going to use the black one on my card, but the white one would be used as I was creating my background.  I may use it for another project.


I started sponging my rainbow at the bottom right-hand corner.  The colors I was going to use are Ranger Distress inks -- Dried Marigold, Fossilized Amber, Bundled Sage, Tumbled Glass, Milled Lavender, and Worn Lipstick.


I wanted the green to be high on the paper to show through the palm trees, so I checked the placement as I went along.


After I determined that the trees would be green, I continued my sponging up to the top left-hand corner.


I laid the black silhouette onto the background and marked where I wanted to trim the rainbow panel.


After I trimmed the background, I applied glue to the back of the die-cut scene -- using a fine-tip glue bottle.


I then placed the die-cut panel onto to rainbow background, and it was ready to be adhered to the white cardbase.  As I had said previously, it was a relatively simple-to-make card.  Here again is my finished card.  I chose not to put a sentiment on the front of the card


The CottageCutz die used on my card is:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzjourneytobethlehemelites.aspx


1 comment:

Shona Erlenborn said...

It doesn't need a sentiment Lois, the beautiful scene says it all! Love the idea of the distressed sunset for the background. A beautiful card indeed!