Monday, January 8, 2018

Heartbeats

Crafters are always working months in advance, so today I'm bringing you a relatively simple Valentine's Day card, using some CottageCutz dies (an old one and a newer one).  I'm a fan of the Sketch Challenge on Splitcoaststampers, so I used last week's layout and varied it just a bit.


This is my card.  I stretched out the three images further across the center and added a sentiment.



When I started my card, I did not have plans for the extra panel (the black one), so I cut the cardstock I thought I would need.

Red - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
White - 4" x 5 1/4"
Red/White gingham - 1 1/2" x 5 1/4"


After lining the back of a piece of red cardstock with a section of Scor-Tape two-sided adhesive sheet, I cut the die-cuts.  Because of the adhesive back, the die-cuts were a bit wonky when I took them out of the dies, but I knew they would straighten out once I added them to my card.



I then constructed my card . . .


. . . and added the die cuts.


At this point I didn't think there was enough contrast on my card, so I pulled up the white panel, cut it down by 1/8" on both sides and added a black layer, which I had cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  I then added some small black sequins.


I was much happier with this version.  CottageCutz dies used on this card are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzhappyvalentinesdayphrase.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzheartbeats.aspx


No comments: