Monday, January 29, 2018

Bee Yourself

Hi, Lois here with some exciting news.  CottageCutz has two new sets of dies  -- In Stitches and Spring Designs, for a total of 33 dies.  PLUS, for a limited time both sets of dies are 25% off.  I'm using two dies from the In Stitches series (Stitched Alphabet and Stitched Honey Bees) for my card today.  I so enjoyed the card I made a couple of weeks ago using the Eclipse technique, I "sort-of" used it again today.


For the card base, the following pieces of cardstock are needed:

Black heavy cardstock - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
White cardstock - 4" x 5 1/4"
Honeycomb patterned paper - 4" x 5 1/4"


Because all the letters of the Stitched Alphabet are on one die, I cut four sets of letters from yellow cardstock.  I had to cut four additional E's from scraps of cardstock.  I'll put the remaining, unused letters into a bag for future use.


I ran the letters through my Xyron sticker maker.


I then cut the images from the Stitched Honey Bees die . . . 


. . . and colored them with ink and markers, assembling the pieces to create my hive, bees, and honey pot.


After stacking the letters, I sponged them with a bit of Wild Honey ink and created the front of my card.  I did not use all the die-cut images on the front.


The remaining images I glued to the inside of the card and stamped an appropriate sentiment.


CottageCutz dies used on this card are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedalphabet.aspx


http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedhoneybees.aspx



No comments: