Thursday, June 5, 2014

CCEE1423 - Money

Anne Harmon started her month-long stint as hostess of the CCEE Stampers blog by giving us an interesting challenge.  The first Monday in June is Bank Holiday in Ireland.  In honor of our member from the Emerald Isle (Sabrina), we were to make a card using cash, coins, or green.  My card is along the same line of another card I had made several years ago (and eventually sent to Anne to give to her son on his birthday). That card also had a jar with pennies in it.


I even got a little green on my card by way of the jar lid!

If you'd like to help Sabrina celebrate this holiday, make a card with some money on it and link it up at the end of the post on the CCEE Stampers blog.

7 comments:

StampOwl said...

Love your jar of pennies and the green lid

Vicky Gould said...

How perfect is that...you got the green and the money!!!

Liz Williams said...

Lois, you've got the money for sure on this cute card. Wish my money piles grew as quickly as my penny piles grew!

Lynn McAuley said...

Great coin papers for this fun design, Lois! I love this jar of pennies with that sweet sentiment!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

You might be surprised to know that his next birthday he will get the penny card you made and sent me FIVE years ago!! I put it where I look at it every year on his birthday! I still love it, and so will he!! Now....your card is such fun. You even got the green in there too on the lid. Very clever. Great job, as usual!

Joanne (jojot) said...

you aced this challenge, Lois....money, coins and green.....fab idea to use the mason jar

Sabrina said...

Fun seeing the different coins! We had a currency change about 2000 (help, I already can't remember exactly when), and then even before that we had one in the seventies when we switched to decimal, so I still have an odd assortment of old coins in my piggy bank.This is a really cool masculine card, Lois.