Monday, August 5, 2013

Dare to Get Dirty

Each year in August, Splitcoaststampers has a week-long challenge for members of the Fan Club called Dare to Get Dirty -- named that because all of the challenges are made by present and former members of the Dirty Dozen, the best of the best on SCS!  I was able to get a card done for each of the 42 challenges.  Here is a sampling of my cards:

I love this sun ray technique.



Channeling my Florida neighbor (about 15 miles away) Kittie Caracciolo.  I learned how to make poinsettias look realistic several years ago by following one of her remarkable tutorials.



I love to weave strips of paper or ribbon.



I learned a new technique for this one -- Polished Stone.  Can I just say that I will probably be using this technique again and again.  It is so pretty.



This particular technique -- Faux Mosaic -- always reminds me of stained glass.  It adds something special to a Christmas card.



After the week was over, I packed up many of my DTGD cards and added a few more -- for a total of 55 cards -- and mailed them off to Operation Write Home, my favorite place to send my cards.  OWH boxes up packages of handmade cards and ships them to military bases for use by the men and women in the Armed Forces to write home to their loved ones.

2 comments:

Benzi said...

Beautiful group of cards, Lois. I only got three of the DTGD challenges finished. I had visitors this past week so not much crafting.

Anonymous said...

permanent knot swiss replica watches chen Tao Fenuo on the rolex replica uk love long-lasting,(Model: 3565), two unique watch perfect pair, with its simple design language to uk replica watches make a commitment to the eternal.