Thursday, August 8, 2013

CCEE1332 - Make Your own Embellishments

This month's CCEE hostess, Vicky, gave us a real challenge this week -- make your own embellishments, plus use two different designer papers and an embossing folder.   Whew!  She wasn't asking much, was she? LOL!!!  My handmade embellishments were the three buttons, which I made using an SU embosslit.   I glued six "button" die-cuts together and then covered them with 3-D lacquer after I poked the holes for the cord in them.  To keep the lacquer out of the holes, I stuck a paper clip in the holes while waiting for the lacquer to dry.  The two designer papers are from an MME stack called Dolled Up.


Be sure to see how the other members of the team met Vicky's challenge.  Pop on over to the CCEE Stampers blog to view their handiwork!

7 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Lois, I love your buttons! I did the same thing....are we twins separated at birth, or just on the same wavelength?? what a nice card with those wonderful colors. GReat job!

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!Love your buttons!!!

Sabrina said...

I love the combination of the butterfly print with the graphic diamonds, Lois. And a paperclip to keep the holes free from glaze - that's a good idea. I had to be super-careful to keep it away from mine. Maybe I can remember your idea for next time!

Kathy Bradley said...

Lois,
Very pretty card and your buttons are awesome!

Vicky Gould said...

Great combo of designer papers and ef! Love your homemade buttons, Lois.

(Stopped in to check out my email and comment on today's CCEE cards. My sis is in a lot of pain, but that's to be expected. We do believe this fusion worked and in 6 months or so, she'll be good as new!)

Doris said...

Love the bright summery colors of this card! Your buttons turned out great, too.

Joanne (jojot) said...

I love your buttons...never would have known that they were faux...love the colors too