Thursday, January 31, 2013

CCEE1305 - Hot, Hot, Hot!

This is Joanne's last CCEE challenge for the month, and she's going out with a bang.  She said, " We in the Northern Hemisphere are in the midst of winter, so let's think HOT."  Of course, winter in Florida is not as cold as winter where Joanne lives . . . but that's another story.  Anyway, I decided to make a hot anniversary card.


I printed off a photo of chili peppers that I found on the internet and used pieces of it for my narrow panels.  I stamped the tied bunch of chili peppers for the center panel of my card, coloring them in both red and yellow.  I have to thank fellow CCEE Stamper and MFP DT member Vicky Gould for the idea of the googlie eyes on the single peppers.  I had seen a card she did that way and thought they were so cute!  The sentiment on the inside is a simple "Happy Anniversary."

If you'd like to make a HOT CARD for our challenge, check out the CCEE Blog and post your card using Mr. Linky at the bottom of the post.

Stamps:  Mark's Finest Papers - Hot and Spicy
Paper:  MFP Cherry Slush, Late Afternoon Sun, Spring Leaf, Snow Storm Smooth
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Bundled Sage
Accessories:  Photo of chili peppers from internet, Oval nesties, Googlie eyes, Copic markers, Sponge applicator

11 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

Wow, this is great. I love how you colored the peppers both red and yellow and that is some awesome paper.

StampOwl said...

So hot!

Vicky Gould said...

Wonderful coloring; perfect dp! Great card, Lois!

Benzi said...

This makes the best anniversary card. Love the googlie eyes. For a second, I thought that was flames on your paper indicating just how hot those peppers were. Ha

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

I see you and Shirt were on the same wavelength this week, Lois, with your HOT and spicy anniversary cards. I love the topper panel and the googly eyes on your little peppers...so cute!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

In this house, we love hot and spicy food!! And those chili peppers look good enough to eat!! Well done, Lois. Your coloring is fabulous, as always!

Kathy Bradley said...

Whoa, this is so pretty and so spicy hot!! Your image is colored wonderfully and the little peppers with the googley eyes are so, so cute!! And, your DP is perfect!! Hot, Hot, Hot!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

this truly is HOT....in theme and color....perfect dp....great style of card....fab image....wonderful card, Lois

Cindy Haffner said...

HOT HOT HOT!!~

Sabrina said...

I was sure someone would bring the hot chilli peppers along, Lois :D. Great background paper for the strips, and I love the pair with the googlie eyes. I accidentally used a habanero instead of something else the other day, talk about hot!

Marybeth said...

Love this , what a fun and different way to say happy anniversary. I love this idea and its colored so beautifully.