Monday, January 28, 2013

CAS Featured Stamper

This week's CAS challenge on Splitcoaststampers is a Featured Stamper challenge.  The Featured Stamper is mamaxsix (a/k/a Gail).  I looked through her gallery and found many cards that I could CASE but decided on her Thankful Plaque.  As you can see, I changed  her plaque to a card, but I'm sure you can see how I used it as inspiration.



I used a stamp set I received for participating in one of the swaps on Speedy TV a few months ago.  I just love that little scene inside the leaf.  Although Gail's large leaf is brown, my leaf is mainly blue (the sky).  The sentiments are from that same MFP set, Autumn Friendships.  The smaller leaves are from a couple of other MFP sets.   After stamping the large leaf on the cardstock, I also stamped it on a piece of Eclipse tape and cut out a mask so that I could sponge the sky with distress inks.  Gail's plaque has light images throughout the background.  I just stippled in the empty spaces.

Stamps:  Mark's Finest Papers - Autumn Friendships, Autumn Glory, Scenic Selections, Love Remains
Paper:  MFP Deepest Mahogany, Favorite Natural
Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa; Tim Holtz Distress Tumbled Glass, Chipped Sapphire
Accessories:  Copic markers, Twine, Eclipse Tape for the masking, Stipple brush

No comments: