Thursday, September 23, 2010

Stampin'B Challenge - Piercing

Vicki Dutcher was this week's hostess for the Stampin'B's DT Blog Challenge. She wanted us to put piercing on our cards. I used one of my Pierceabilities dies to make the border.




After cutting the scallop bottom and piercing the design, I sponged some Tim Holtz Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade on it. I stamped the ferns in Jardin Moss to match the mat and the sentiment in Wild Honey to match the butterflies, which are punched with two different Martha Stewart punches. I added some pearls for a little elegance to all the butterflies, including the one in the piercing/sponged border. Then I taped another piece of the dark green cardstock under the bottom to show off the scallops. All images and materials are available at Mark's Finest Papers.



These are the only salt & pepper shakers I have with butterflies. Actually, the butterflies are secondary to the designs on the shakers. They are actually Winnie the Pooh shakers. Winnie the Pooh is on one of the other sides.
---------
Stamps - Mark's Finest Papers - Ferns and Chickadee
Paper - MFP Pensacola Sand, Seeds of Thyme and Orange Duo
Ink - Palette Jardin Moss; Tim Holtz Distressed Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade
Accessories - Fancy Scalloped Border Pierceabilities, Martha Stewart Punches, Pearls, Sponge Daubers, Paper Piercing Tool

3 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Beautiful card, Lois!! I just love those earthy colors you used. And your piercing is just terrific--I love how you used the die :)

Joanne (jojot) said...

Lois...this is such a fresh delight....loving the little pearlized butterflies in that gorgeous garden you created....truly a beauty

Benzi said...

This is one beautiful card...wonderful piercing.
I would have never thought your shakers were Winnie the Pooh.