Thursday, September 2, 2010

Stampin'B Challenge #74

Brenda (Benzi) is the hostess for this week's Stampin'B's DT Blog challenge, and she wanted us to use a charm somewhere on our card this week.



I rarely do one-layer cards, so this week’s card is something different for me. It is also a sneak peek at new set (Autumn Fun) from Mark’s Finest Papers that will be released next week. I stamped the leaf in Palette Burnt Umber, clear-embossed it, and then added the sentiment in orange. Even after I added the ribbon and charm, it looked a little bare, so I pierced around the edges.
-----------
Stamps - Mark's Finest Papers Autumn Fun
Paper - Mark's Finest Papers Corn Husk
Ink - Palette Burnt Umber and Orangerie
Accessories - Ribbon, Gold cord, Charm, Paper piercing tool, Sponge dauber

6 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

As much as I do not want to think about fall yet, your card is wonderful in those great fall colors and love the leaf.

Joanne (jojot) said...

when I commented on SCS I forgot to mention your fabulous ribbon treatments with the fab leaf charms.....totally awesome card

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, this is a lovely one-layer card, Lois!! I love how you added the shadow under the falling leaf. Great paper piercing, too!! Super for fall :)

Mark's Finest Papers said...

Oh, this is REALLY BEAUTIFUL!!!! SERIOUSLY AWESOME!!!


But...NO SALT AND PEPPER SHAKERS!!! LOL

Benzi said...

Very pretty card, Lois! Loving these Fall creations! No salt & pepper shaker with this one? Anyway, Happy Birthday!! Hope it is a good one.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful job with this falling leaf! Pretty ribbon treatment too!