Monday, March 1, 2010

Technique Challenge - Faux Nesties

We all love our nesties, don't we? I'm no exception. I've got a pretty good assortment of them in my collection. But today's Technique Challenge on Splitcoaststampers was to create a card using something other than nesties to arrive at the same look. I chose a Fiskars squeeze punch for the corners of my main panel layers.

I stamped the bunny rabbit from the Spring and Easter 2010 set from Mark's Finest Papers: Speedy the Cat Collection onto the Snow Storm Smooth, and then layered it with spring colors -- Frosty Mint Sparkle, Lemon Slice, and Pink Freeze Sparkle. I had to tape a small piece of the mint cs behind the cut-out portion of the corner punch so that only the green would show through. The way the punch was situated left a small section of yellow showing, and I didn't want that. I colored the image with Copic and Prismacolor markers and then used some sparkly flock from Sparkle and Sprinkle to add some texture to the Easter bunny. The DP is from Basic Grey's Porcelain paper pad, matted with more of the Pink Freeze Sparkle.

I added a little bit of ribbon and the cute little rabbit charm -- and I was finished. What I like about the Technique Challenge is that it gives you the opportunity to try something new. And today, it actually had you doing something old -- back before Nesties became such a big part of the stamping world.

All materials (except flock) available at Mark's Finest Papers.


Stamps - Mark's Finest Papers: Speedy the Cat Collection - Spring and Easter 2010
Paper - Mark's Finest Papers Snow Storm Smooth, Frosty Mint Sparkle, Lemon Freeze; Basic Grey Porcelain DP
Ink - Palette Noir Black
Accessories - Fiskars corner punch, Copic and Prismacolor markers, Sprinkle & Sparkle glitter flock, Ribbon, Charm

No comments: