Thursday, March 18, 2010

Stampin'B Challenge #50 - Monochromatic Green

NancyRuth was the hostess for the Stampin'B's challenge today. Her monochromatic green challenge came during the right week – St. Patty’s Day was yesterday. I hope the luck of the Irish was with you!


I must confess that I used Laura Fredrickson’s (scrapnextras) design for the basis of my card this week. When I saw what she had done with the new Flourishes’ set Irish Blessings, my Irish ancestors channeled me to get this set! Book lover that I am, I like the “book” look of Spellbinders Labels Seven. I cut out the shape using Mark’s Finest Papers Pensacola Sand Naturals and then sponged around the edge with Palette Landscape ink before removing the die. Then I stamped the sentiment and sprig of shamrocks, adding the ribbon and shamrock button. It's a pretty simple card, but it gets the message across.
-----------------
Stamps - Flourishes Irish Blessings
Paper - Always Artichoke, GP White, SU DSP
Ink - Palette Jardin Moss
Accessories - Spellbinders Labels Seven, Copic markers, Button, Ribbon, Sponge dauber

2 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

what an awesome shamrock...and colored so well by you, an Irish lass......fab use of that sketch.....a beauty of a St. Pat's card

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lois this is so awesome! Love that nestie!!