Sunday, May 31, 2009

Today's Featured Stamper Challenge

It's about time that Rox71 was chosen as the Featured Stamper on SCS. She hosts the Sketch Challenge every Wednesday and is a marvelous stamper. Here are the two cards I CASEd from her gallery.

I chose this card as the first card to CASE today. Because Rox hosts the Sketch Challenge each week, I kept her sketch, as well as the colors. Changes are:

* Different stamp
* Embossed the card base
* Used a scallop nestie to mat the main image
* Eliminated the brads and ribbons, but added three small flowers

This card also qualifies for this week's Stampin'B challenge to use flowers -- http://stampinbsdesignteam.blogspot.com/

* Stamp - DIY Topiaries by Flourishes
* Paper - Georgia Pacific White, SU Real Red, Real Red DSP
* Ink - Palette Noir Black
* Accessories - Nestabilities, Copic/Prismacolor markers, Silk Flowers

I had to do a second card. I actually combined two of her cards this time. This one and this one. The sketches were similar, and I combined the butterflies from the Dots card with the shape of the squares in the Flowers and Hearts one. My images are all from an Inkadinkadoo set of butterflies/birds inchies.

* Stamp - Butterflies & Birds Inchies by Inkadinkado
* Paper - Georgia Pacific White, SU Basic Black, So Saffron, Brocade Blue, Pixie Pink, Perfect Plum, White embossed card base
* Ink - Palette Noir Black
* Accessories - Copic/Prismacolor markers, Marvy Daisy punches, MS Butterfly punches

2 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

What a beautiful tribute to Rox, your cards are fabulous!

Carol Southern said...

The first card is very classy and I love red. The second card comes across to me as a young bright cheery card, I love this one.
PS, I think I will do one for my granddaughters birthday very soon. Thanks Lois for all the brain work done for me.