Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Stampin' Out Alzheimers

I've been participating in the Stampin' Out Alzheimers challenges this week. My mom has been diagnosed with possible Alzheimers, so I had another reason (besides loving to stamp) to participate. Here are a couple of the cards I've made.

The challenge for this card was to use buttons. This PaperTreyInk set is called Guidelines and has many different patterns you can stamp within the gridlines to create a quilt-like pattern. I thought the sentiment from My Sentiments Exactly was a perfect match.

This card was made for Paper Makeup Stamps' "Any Winged Thing" challenge. I don't have any PMS stamps, so I had to "wing" it with one of the fairies in the Beautiful Fairies set from Inkadinkadoo. I had used another fairy from this set in SCS's Featured Stamper challenge a couple weeks ago. The card base and mat pieces are Sage Shadow, which I think is a very pretty shade of green. I found the sentiment stamp at StampFest last year. It's from Custer's Last Stamp.

3 comments:

Anita said...

Cute cards! I am enjoying the challenges on SOA too.

Carol Southern said...

I love the crisp style and colours of both of these cards. Great!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

oh....love that PTI set....really lovely