Friday, July 21, 2023

Birthday Cupcakes

I haven't used the Charm Accordion die set from Karen Burniston for quite a while and figured it was time to bring it out again.  Karen has several new "add-on" dies in her latest release, one of which was the Cupcake Add-on.  These were made specifically to use with the Landscape Rectangle Accordion, but her dies are so clever that you can use them with others as well.

In this case, I actually cut the background piece apart and mounted the cupcakes on the individual pieces.  Also in the latest release were those cute Baking Charms which appear on the small panels at the top.


The Charm Accordion die actually cuts a card 3 1/4" x 4 1/4" when closed.  But, if you use the narrow Sizzix Strip Cutting Plate, it's possible just to cut the square holes without cutting off the bottom of the card base.



I cut two of these and hinged them together to get my 4-panel card.  I added the Baking Charms to the square panels and the charm holders and charms from the set between the panels, hanging them with metal jump rings.


Sometimes it's fun to use a die set in a completely different way.  Little hint:  next month I will have another card using another die set in a way not originally designed.  I hope you'll stop by and see what I did on that card.

No comments: