Thursday, February 17, 2022

CCEE2206 - National Embroidery Month

Liz informed the CCEE Stampers that February is National Embroidery Month.  Her appropriate challenge was to make use of stitching, faux stitching, cross-stitching, or any other embroidery stitching you might want to feature on your card.   For many years, my hobby-of-choice was doing counted cross-stitch.  I haven't done it in a while, but I still have lots of embroidery thread in a container in my closet.  And I'm sure I've got some unfinished projects in there as well.   

Cottage Cutz has a set of cross-stitch bordered dies, so I pulled out the oval ones to use on my card today.  After cutting out the oval, I used a blue pen to emphasize the stitching around the edge.  I didn't have a stamp specific to embroidery, but at least she's sewing!  And I've even included an example of one of my counted cross-stitch pieces in the photo.  I think I did that one about 25 years ago.


The inside of my card adds a bit of a surprise -- a pop-up element using the Karen Burniston Oval Frames Pop-up, decorated with some appropriate "sewing" images.  The scissors are one of the dies from Karen Burniston's Office Charms, and the other three items are stamped images from a stamp set from my old days on the MFP Stamp Shop design team.



Be sure to visit the CCEE Stampers blog for some more examples of embroidery-related cards.

4 comments:

MiamiKel said...

I love the blue pen emphasis on the stitching - it really draws the eye in! Lovely card - SEW cute! :)

StampOwl said...

Sew cute!

Lynn McAuley said...

What fun, inside and out, Lois!! Sensational design for today's challenge!!

Grand Lotus Banquet Hall said...

Wow, that's a pretty cool collection on the National Wedding month. The concept looks awesome and unique at the same time it is impressive too.