Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge -- Black, White and a Pop of ?

 It's Karen Burniston Designer Challenge Day, and Karen had a cool challenge for us this month.    We were to make a card of any theme that is primarily black and white, with just a pop of color.  I had a cyberfriend (Joanne Gryzlak) who died several years ago.  Her favorite color combination for cards was black/white/red, so I made my card in her honor today.

Years ago, when the book series/movies of Twilight were very popular, I bought some patterned paper in red/white/black to make Twilight-related cards.  I still had some of it in my stash and thought it would be perfect for my card.  I pulled out several Karen Burniston dies:  Long Rectangles - Crosshatch; Circles Crosshatch; Cupcake Pop-Up, Word Set 2 - Birthday, Mini Pop-Ups and Happy Birthday.




I "met" Joanne Gryzlak on Splitcoaststampers many, many years ago and have been on several design teams with her over the years.  In fact, fellow Karen Burniston-DT member, Frances Byrne, was also on a team with us.  It's funny how someone you never met in real life can become your friend through the internet.  I miss her creativity.

1 comment:

Gail said...

so sorry about the loss of your cyberfriend - I have cyberfriend connections as well - never met in person -- would like to - so I feel your pain when someone dies that you had connections with through the Internet - this is a lovely card - I am going to be lifting the color idea and using the cupcake - maybe also doing a slim line - thinking, thinking, thanks for sharing your art and inspiration! Have a blessed day!